24 April 2012

Back to the Shooting Range

This week is a busy week for Ben! He is back on the shooting range to re-qualify on rifle. He has to do this once a year. Out here it is busier and harder to get some of the guys out on the range, so Ben was chosen to go since he just got here and is not as busy yet.

Every morning it is an 0230 wake up call for him and departure at 0300. Needless to say, I'm not getting up at that time of the morning. :) I am trying to stay on a 'normal' schedule, but it sure isn't as fun having to say goodbye that early and goodnight at 1930. It is only until Thursday though so we can make it and recover quickly!

Right now my main job is keeping the house clean and coming up with creative menu options. :) That is helping, but I am starting to itch for something to do beyond this. I'm looking into some volunteer positions around the island right now and that is exciting just to know that there are some opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Ben will be back on a more normal schedule soon! I don't even think I know what 2:30 a.m. looks like!! Well, maybe when I had babies who were teething or something. Ha!

    Will be praying for you and some possibilities of things to help fill up your days there. You are such a people person, I don't think you'll have any problems! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete