29 April 2012

The Rainy Season

Well, we officially started the rainy season a few weeks ago. I'm now beginning to understand why they call it that. Could be that it rains quite a bit almost every day. :) I'm also realizing that straightening my hair may be a waste of my time. I'm thinking of growing it out and adding some curl to it. Any thoughts on that from the peanut gallery??

Ben survived range week and got sharpshooter on rifle. He was not thrilled with that as he lost his expert from when he was in TBS. :( Even still, he did his best and I'm proud of him. It was a long week for both of us and I am thankful for a restful weekend together.

He has a possible trip upcoming in June that could be several weeks long. We won't really know a) if he is going on this trip or b) when the trip is happening until it is almost upon us. Ahh, the joys of military life. :) He is excited about this possibility as it would give him the opportunity to see Mt. Fuji. I wish I could go too!

We are currently looking for a second car so that I can get myself around on the island. For now I'm throwing myself on the mercy and graciousness of my friends here. They have been wonderful, but I surely do look forward to having some freedom to get around on my own. Hopefully in the next week we'll have something figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment