This evening I am going to a baby shower for 3 different mothers! All three of them attend my church (Maranatha Baptist Church) and they are all having babies right around the same time. We are celebrating 1 boy and 2 girls! This morning I went out and found some adorable little outfits to help the kiddos look even cuter than they will be/are (not sure how to word that one since they are all in the womb still!!). :)
Here are the outfits:
One thing I was thinking about as I searched through the cute clothing and toys this morning was about our little baby up in Heaven. If he or she had made it to this point we would be about 28 weeks along in the pregnancy. I would be "fat with a purpose" as my husband says. :) Some of you may be cringing right now thinking that I'm dwelling too much on my miscarriage or haven't moved on in life. Actually, I am at the point now where I can think about it and talk about it without melting into tears or sitting on the couch staring at the floor wondering when things are going to be normal again. So, things are relatively good! The main reason Squirt came to mind this morning was that I would have been included in this baby shower this evening had our baby lived. It is just a bit strange to think about how different life would be at this point! I'm sure some of you can relate.
Here are the outfits:
| All wrapped up and ready to go! |
| For the little boy who will be "Mommy's Big Man". :) |
| My personal favorite because of the adorable little hoodie! :) |
| Such a sweet dress! |
| This one deserved two pictures. :) The dress with and onesie underneath. |
I don't think you're dwelling on it too long; it's definitely healthy to think about it. So sorry though still cousin; prayin' for ya. Those are some super sweet outfits you found there. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! :) I love the outfits too! Miniature stuff (no matter what it is) is adorable period. :)
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job shopping, Elissa! I love all of the outfits!! It sure is fun shopping for little people, isn't it? I agree that anything miniature is adorable.
ReplyDeleteWe are still praying for you and Ben. You have a very beautiful and healthy perspective and I am so happy that one day you will be reunited with your little Squirt in Heaven!
Much love and many hugs to you both,
Mom B.
You didn't make me cringe; I'm glad you talk about your baby. I often think about my niece or nephew in Heaven. You'd be due five weeks before me, and it would have been so fun to have cousins that close in age.
ReplyDeleteI love you!
(BTW, I *love* that little dress/sweater set. :-)