It is hard to believe, but we are in our last full week in Virginia already! Ben graduated from LOC - Logistics Officer Course at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Wednesday morning. That was a nice short ceremony and we hit the road as quick as we could! We got home and hit our organizing and packing for the plane mode Thursday morning.
It is amazing how much stuff one can gather in just a year of living in one place. We have gotten rid of a bunch of papers and organized quite a bit of our stuff. Ben already is half packed for the plane ride and I still have a bit more to do...okay all of it left to do! :)
Ben receiving his diploma from the guest speaker and Captain Vincent
Ben's Logistics class; he is a bit hidden behind one of the guys in the back right.
Training days are done!! Well, for now. :)
My husband won major bonus points this morning with stopping for a few groceries that we needed this morning and picking up a few other things that we 'needed'. Like Starburst Jellybeans, Cadbury Eggs and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I told him that he needed to do more of the grocery shopping from now on. :) Today is more relaxing for us and we will hit the grindstone again on Monday. Today we had lunch on the grill (chicken), used the playground facilities a bit since they were right by the grill (I haven't been on a swing in forever!! Wish I had a camera with me :D), and are going out with some friends for dinner tonight. It has been a good day!!
Congrats to BOTH of you, and God's blessings upon you as you prepare for a new chapter in life. I suddenly have a hankering for chocolate! :-) Enjoy!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Aunt Sue!! :) Hope you got a fix for that hankering for chocolate. :D Sorry if I tempted you with my post! Hehe.
ReplyDelete