10 May 2012

News...news...news

First of all, some of you may have noticed a little different design on my blog today. I was seeing what other options there were for a background and never quite finished. I'll work on that more later. :) In the meantime you have in front of you my original blog design.

On to the news of the week! We picked up our second car, a 2001 gray Honda Accord on Tuesday afternoon. We are thankful for finding a great car at an amazing price. It will provide me with transportation and the ability to get out on the island and explore. I'm very excited about that!!

On Sunday we became members at Maranatha Baptist Church (www.maranathaokinawa.org). We are excited and thankful for a good church while we live here in Okinawa. We are looking forward to becoming involved in this church ministry.

Tomorrow I'm going to Camp Schwab (where Ben works) and I'm helping with a "Do What Daddy Does" day for the kids of the families. I'm excited about this opportunity! I have no idea what I'll be doing, but I think anything will be great right now. I'm getting itchy for things to do! :) I'll give more details after the day is done.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you that you found a good church to join! I'm sure you two will find several ways to get involved in the ministry there.

    Elissa, I can't wait to hear what you got to do at Camp Schwab! That sounded very interesting. Did you get to have lunch with your honey while you were there? I guess that would be called "Do What Hubby Does" day, huh?

    Enjoy that second car! So happy that you have a way to explore the island when the Adventure Bug bites! Wish I could be sitting next to you, taking it all in. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete