Life has been interesting of late. I've been driving back and forth between appointments for the last two weeks. It has been a whole lot busier than I thought it would be.
On July 16 I went to the doctor because my left eye was bloodshot, irritated, and extremely sensitive to light. I wasn't able to get in to see a doctor that day, but had an appointment the next day. At that point the doctor 'diagnosed' me with pink eye and gave me some eye drops to use. That was a misdiagnosis overall as I learned when I went to the eye doctor a week later. I learned that I have a scratch on my left eye and there is a cloudiness over both of my eyes. Plus they are swollen so my vision is a bit impaired right now.
Currently I'm on two different types of eye drops and thankfully it is slowly healing, but it is taking a while. I've been to optometry four times and tomorrow is number five just to get things checked. As long as my scratch doesn't scar than my vision should go back to 'normal' after it heals. It has been quite the adventure.
In other news, my darling husband is currently gone for training. He'll be back approximately in a month, so that is good. I miss him terribly, but I'm excited that he has this opportunity. He gets to do some fun sightseeing while he is gone as well, so that is a highlight for him. I'm just a bit jealous. :)
On July 16 I went to the doctor because my left eye was bloodshot, irritated, and extremely sensitive to light. I wasn't able to get in to see a doctor that day, but had an appointment the next day. At that point the doctor 'diagnosed' me with pink eye and gave me some eye drops to use. That was a misdiagnosis overall as I learned when I went to the eye doctor a week later. I learned that I have a scratch on my left eye and there is a cloudiness over both of my eyes. Plus they are swollen so my vision is a bit impaired right now.
Currently I'm on two different types of eye drops and thankfully it is slowly healing, but it is taking a while. I've been to optometry four times and tomorrow is number five just to get things checked. As long as my scratch doesn't scar than my vision should go back to 'normal' after it heals. It has been quite the adventure.
In other news, my darling husband is currently gone for training. He'll be back approximately in a month, so that is good. I miss him terribly, but I'm excited that he has this opportunity. He gets to do some fun sightseeing while he is gone as well, so that is a highlight for him. I'm just a bit jealous. :)
I asked for prayer for you at church last night, so you have several people praying for your eyes to heal. I'm sorry that they misdiagnosed you the first time, but so happy that you are improving little by little!! God is so good.
ReplyDeleteLove you bunches,
Mom
Thanks so much for asking for prayer, Mom. I'm thankful to have so many Christian friends! Love you bunches too!! :)
ReplyDeleteElissa