That's my husband! Well, that is what my husband's new title is. :) He promoted from 2ndLT to 1stLT at the end of August, but officially got pinned on 18 Sep 2012. The basic reason was so that I could be there during the pinning. What a very sweet husband I have! :)
We had the promotion ceremony on Oura Wan Beach which is located on Camp Schwab. This is the base where my husband works. He is one lucky guy as he has one of the best beaches on the island right at his fingertips every day! We had the "Do What Daddy Does" day back in May on the beach here. It is a gorgeous place to be! Here are some pictures from the ceremony (some of them are out of order, so please forgive me.)
We had the promotion ceremony on Oura Wan Beach which is located on Camp Schwab. This is the base where my husband works. He is one lucky guy as he has one of the best beaches on the island right at his fingertips every day! We had the "Do What Daddy Does" day back in May on the beach here. It is a gorgeous place to be! Here are some pictures from the ceremony (some of them are out of order, so please forgive me.)
![]() |
| After the ceremony we had some lovely pictures taken on the beach. |
![]() |
| The background and weather were amazing! |
![]() |
| 1st LT & Mrs. Benjamin Schmid |
![]() |
| Removing the 2nd LT bars |
![]() |
| Putting his 1stLT bars on. |
![]() |
| Giving him a peck on the cheek after pinning him on. :) |
![]() |
| Beginning the ceremony. |
![]() |
| The Oath of Office. |
![]() |
| Captain Ernst swearing Ben into office. |
![]() |
| The Marines who came to the ceremony! |














Congratulations, Ben, on your promotion! And I can't think of a nicer location for it to take place than on a beautiful beach. You'll never forget that ceremony!
ReplyDeleteI love the new background color for your blog, Elissa! I was shocked not to see the bright red. :) You are having fun with this, aren't you?
Love you and miss you both. Hugs from the states!
Mom B.
Thanks, Mom! We certainly enjoyed the great outdoors during the ceremony! Wish you could have been there. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the color of my blog now! I was feeling like it was too dark before hand, but I like this a lot. :) I am enjoying it very much! I hope it is a help and fun for you too! :)
Love and miss you too! Big hugs coming from Japan! :)
Elissa