29 October 2012

7 Months!

It is hard to believe, but we have been in Okinawa for 7 months already! When I looked ahead to our move here I didn't think that the time would go by so quickly, but it sure is! I look back at the last 7 months and think of all the things that have changed and happened since we moved here and it is amazing! Here is a short trip down memory lane...

* We rented our first house ever (after two apartments) and we love it!

* Ben ate sushi for the first time (not a huge milestone, but big for him) and loved it. He then asked if I could make it for him. That hasn't happened yet, but we'll see! :)

* I traveled the farthest I have ever traveled in my life (http://goo.gl/maps/KP7Fs - the distance from Illinois to Okinawa).

* We became parents for the first time! After 10 weeks the Lord took our baby to care for him/her in Heaven until we join them there (Lord willing, that day will come very soon!).

* Ben promoted from 2nd LT to 1st LT in August. That was a really neat time and I'm so glad I could be here to pin him on!

* I rode in a Zodiac for the first time (a boat that Recon and the Navy Seals use) and that was an awesome experience!

* I taught in a classroom for the first time in my life. I was scared to death (to the point of almost getting sick!), but the Lord gave grace and it was a humbling and exciting time.

There is so much more that I could put on this list, but I already promised it would be a short trip down memory lane and not an extended one. :) I just love being able to look back on everything that has happened and see how God worked so intricately to bring things to a place that He wanted. I know in my heart that today we are where God wants us to be. Tomorrow that may be a different story, but God is the Author of our lives and we will go where He sends us!

2 comments:

  1. What a precise and beautiful post, Elissa. You have been a great example of the phrase "bloom where you are planted".

    Thank you for allowing God to use your walk with Him to remind all of us that He is in charge of every second of our lives. His way and will are perfect.

    Continue enjoying your time there in Okinawa! We love hearing about it. God bless you both.

    xoxo, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Mom! We've been learning a lot since we moved here. :) I look forward to talking with you again soon! Love you!!
    Elissa

    ReplyDelete