06 December 2012

Christmas is on the way!

Well, it is officially December and I haven't posted once! Ben was sick with a cold for about a week and I decided it would be fun to share with him. We are married after all. :) Hopefully mine goes away very quickly as we have a lot going on this weekend!

This year Ben and I are participating in our church Christmas cantata and we would love it if you watched online! It will be on Sunday, December 23rd at 6pm (our time). You can either watch it live (this would most likely require you to get up very early) or you can watch it after the fact. The cantata is entitled "Christmas at Home" by Ron and Shelly Hamilton. I will be singing a duet with Heather, another lady from our choir as part of the cantata.


Christmas decorations are up and I'm excited this year! We have so much more room in our house (vs. our last two apartments) to decorate! :) I have some pictures coming up soon on that, but need to finish a couple of details first. I'll post those soon!

I made our first Christmas candy of the season. This is big in our household and I bet it is in a lot of yours too! I made some Fantasy Fudge (one of our favorites) for a ladies fellowship at church Friday night. Then I'll start my baking for us and for our friends. What are some of your favorite Christmas goodies? I would love to hear!

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget the peanut butter balls, Elissa! Also known as Buckeyes. Grandpa Pashby's peanut butter fudge is really delicious, too. Mmm! As far as cookies, I still go back to some of Grandma P.'s recipes, like Graces butter cookies, praline cookies, and things like that. Mint Choc. chip cookies are a winner at Christmas, too. But that is a cheating recipe, since you use a bag of the sugar cookie mix as your base. But who cares? If they taste yummy, go for it! :D

    Wish I could see your home in person. I know you two will have a lovely first Christmas in Okinawa. Think of us as we shovel snow, and you are walking down a sunny, warm beach. Nice.

    Merry Christmas, Ben and Elissa! We love you very, very much!! Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom, for the ideas! We have a list made, but I think I need to add some more! Can I get the mint chocolate chip cookie recipe? I have one, but I don't think it is the one you use and I love yours! Thanks. I don't mind cheating if the end result is so good! :)

    Love you, Mom and miss you!!
    Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me the recipes, too, Mom! I don't have any of those, except for the buckeyes.

    Lis, do you and Ben have Zicam and/or Airborne? They both help to shorten the time you're sick. I hope you're both feeling better now!

    oh, what is fantasy fudge? I'm getting together with Rachel and Lois tomorrow to make cookies for our neighbors. All nine of our kids will be playing together (seven girls and two boys)! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fantasy fudge recipe can be found on the side of a Marshmallow Fluff container. :) Super easy, but really good!! :) It requires evaporated milk, baking chocolate, marshmallow fluff, sugar, vanilla and I think that is it. Yummy!

    We don't have Zicam or Airborne, but have been feeling better. Just getting through the last little bit of it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete