05 June 2012

Showers of Blessing

It is hard to believe that we have been here for over two months now! Quite a bit has been packed into those days and I'm thankful for so many things. Here is a list (yes, I love lists!) of things that I'm thankful for since arriving (this is not complete).

I'm thankful for...

- my faithful and loving husband that has been there for me the whole way!!
- new friends
- wonderful family that has prayed for us throughout this journey
- fantastic sponsors that helped us acclimate to the island
- volunteer opportunities
- our household goods arriving without hardly a scratch
- Teppanyaki and Korean BBQ
- my massive couch that makes me feel comfy no matter where I am in the world
- naps on said massive couch
- natural highlights from the sun :)
- access to a beach year round
- the beauty of the ocean (I never knew it was so multi-colored) that never ceases to amaze me
- my Kindle (finished several books since arriving)
- my new church (new friends and opportunities)
- my previous churches (supporting and caring friends)
- our awesome camera that has helped us document our time here

I'm extremely thankful for so much more than that, but it would take forever to list everything! :) This is it for today, but I hope that this encourages you to take a look at your life (even the past couple of months) and see what blessings the Lord has showered down upon you!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! What a great reminder to be thankful in ALL things. God is so good. He gave me seven wonderful children, of which you are smack-dab in the middle! I love you, Elissa, and thank God for your beautiful testimony of his love. Keep that grateful attitude and you will do just fine.

    Hugs to you on your gorgeous island! xoxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mom! I am so thankful for you and your constant encouragement!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to remember the works of the Lord. Have you read Ann Voskamp's blog (aholyexperience.com)? She challenges her readers to record 1,000 gifts. I'm working on it, although I didn't start until February.

    Caleb had lunch at Tepanyaki on Saturday in Lehi. :)

    I love you, Sis!

    ReplyDelete